Subject: Re: [Leica] Anthony' photos
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:28:54 +0200

Dan Honemann writes:

> Closest I could find was the Advanced tab where
> there is a checkbox under the Heading "Microsoft
> VM" labelled "JIT compiler for virtual machine
> enabled (requires restart)."

You have to disable Java in the various Internet zones under the Security tab,
too.

> I unchecked this box, but haven't yet restarted
> my PC (still getting pop-up windows--most annoyingly
> through Yahoo these days).

The pop-ups are created with Javascript, not Java, so if you want to get rid of
them, you have to turn off Javascript.  Unfortunately, this breaks a lot of the
more innocuous uses of Javascript, which can be inconvenient.  Even my site uses
some Javascript, although you can still view it without any problem without it.