Subject: Re: [Leica] What's so great about the 50?
From: Mike Quinn <mlquinn@san.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 22:15:06 -0700

What's great about the 50 is that it sees what I see.

Of course that can be good or bad.

For years I preferred a short tele because a tele can isolate an interesting
feature from a cluttered environment. Once I moved to la la land from the
big city, I realized that many places are beautiful because you don't have
to use tunnel vision to appreciate them.

For those, the 50 is ideal. It sees the beauty you see, before you narrow
your focus. The 90 lets you frame pictures that are interesting in spite of
their environment. The 50 lets you capture things that are part of their
environment.

Mike Quinn