Subject: [Leica] Re: Where We Post From.
From: ISILVERMN@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 00:16:38 EDT

For the past 10 years, it's been Irvine, CA, the original "planned community"
with its attendant virtues and vices.  For the 10 years prior to that it was
Northridge, CA (yes, THAT Northridge); we had the good fortune to move south
a year before the quake.

Prior to moving to the Left Coast in 1981, it was 19 years on Long Island,
with stops in the Bronx (NYU), Princeton (Grad school) and Cincinnati.

Born in Brooklyn, spent my first 12 years there in Crown Heights.  The
Dodgers left, then so did we.

I've been a Leica user since 1970  (M4 with 35mm 'cron).  Bought it for its
ease of focusing, quiet shutter and no mirror slap.  I've added a few lenses
and accessories since, and find that the more I use it, the better I like it.
 There's darn few pieces of hardware of any kind I can say that about!

Best,

Ira Silverman

Replies: Reply from "Douglas Landrum" <dflandrum@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Where We Post From.)