Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: Q for the 75 Summlux-M shooters...
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 09:21:30 -0400

I can only tell you why I like the 50. I tend to see, photographically,
images in isolation from the "big picture". I own, and struggle with, wide
angle lenses. I greatly admire photos taken with wides by those who handle
them well, but I'm not one of them. Anytime I shoot with something wider
than 35mm I seem to get nothing of interest. That's just me I guess. The 50
zeros in on the subject matter and much more often is what I "see" when I
take the photo. (Interestingly, I can shoot wide angles just fine with my
Mamiya 7II--go figure)

The 75 'lux is the "Bokah King" of the Leica M line. Creamy smooth and
beautiful. I've never used the Cosina 50. I seem to recall that John
Brownlow bought one and sold it almost immediately becasue of harsh bokah,
but lent him speak about that question.

Ken Wilcox

- ----
					  preferred---> <wilcox@tir.com>