Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW delay/SLRs
From: MEBérubé <photog@pivot.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 10:09:14 -0400

Just a note to let everyone know that I'm not neglecting the PAW, I've just
been unable to FTP or Telnet to my website for the last two weeks. Since it
is piggyback hosted as a favour on a good friends co-located server, I am
being very grateful and patient while it gets fixed.

When it is fixed I will upload all of the weeks that I'm 'behind.'

I've also been exploring the wonders of my first personally owned Nikon SLR
(FM2n) that I traded most of my old minolta SLR gear for. (I kept my first
SRT102 and Rokkor-X 50/1.4 for sentimental reasons.)
I have decided that for competitive reasons I need to be able to shoot
digital in the near future as well as film and I need to have an autofocus
option in the arsenal for flexibility. I further realised that I can't
afford to run with two or three sets of every useful lens that I need. The
only system that allows compatibly with all the same lenses between all
manual (FM2n/3a), AF (F100...thanks BD) and digital bodies (Fuji S1) that I
am aware of is Nikon, so that was my eventual choice. Despite my initial
interest in getting a few old SL/SL2s, I'd really not have been in much
better a position than I was with the minoltas (save for the much better
glass options.)

The Nikon SLR is quite a change from the RF experience that I've been
getting used to the last couple of years with the Leicas and Cosina, but it
is a complimentary change.

Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Berube
http://www.GoodPhotos.com