Subject: Re: [Leica] Ilford film reliability
From: John Hicks <jbh@magicnet.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 20:08:33 -0400

At 02:34 PM 7/6/01 EDT, you wrote:
>I go through a cycles, periodically

  I had my very first QC problem with Ilford film (in decades) with New
Delta 400, getting stripes similar to yours. If you want to pursue it,
contact David.Carper@ilford.com and describe the problem. He may want you
to send a sample if possible.
  I believe there's some sort of flaw that may make the film very sensitive
to pressure or flexure; the flaw occured on film run through a Rollei 6003,
wasn't present on a roll that wasn't run through the camera, just
developed, and wasn't present on 35mm.
  Anyway, David Carper wants to hear about it. They can't fix what they
don't know about.

John Hicks

jbh@magicnet.net