Subject: [Leica] Shooting a soccer tournament
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 22:55:13 +1000

Hi all,

Rick Dykstra here, looking for help from someone on very good terms with
the guy upstairs! :)

'Coz I'm shooting an 8 day soccer tournament next week, and the
weather's looking a bit sus.  :(  After weeks of sunny winter weather
down here, the clouds are gonna have their say, it seems.

My little team for the event comprises two other photogs, with my wife
and a good neighbour taking care of sales.  I've hired a monster marquee
for that.  We've got the mother of all systems worked out for connecting
tournament participants with their photos, quick and easy.  Which is how
they'll be separated from their cash too, I hope!  Ha!

I'll be using an R8 and 50 Summicron with SF20 for quick team photos,
and an F5 and 300/2.8 for the action.

So, who's done this sort of thing before?  Any lessons learned I might
not've thought of?  Like, get some sleep after packaging the photos at
night, or have one really good pee in the morning 'cause that'll be the
last one you get all day.

TIA, and wish me luck, please.

Regards

Rick Dykstra