Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW26--impressions from New York
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 05:39:41 +0200

Hi George,

Thanks for looking and commenting. I do indeed usually crop, some of my
PAWs are less than 1/2 of the negative. In the gym picture I left the
full frame in because I thought that the windows on top added scale, but
I do see your points.

The picture of the hot dog vendor is cropped a bit at the scanning
stage, there was an unsightly dark box on the left side which I got rid
of. When you are standing in the middle of a NYC street you have to
shoot quickly...

Thanks again.

Nathan

George Lottermoser wrote:

> wajsman@webshuttle.ch (Nathan Wajsman)7/2/0110:52 PM
>
> > http://www.geocities.com/belgiangator/26alt1.jpg
>
> Enjoyed each of your current views. The one noted above - the
> most. I'm curious about whether or not you believe in cropping in
> the darkroom (or computer)? Or are you a full frame fella? In
> each of your photos I feel a need to crop (obviously a personal
> matter) except http://www.geocities.com/belgiangator/26.jpg,
> which feels nice and tight.
>
> Back to 26alt1.jpg: when I eliminate the dark windows on top and
> the black bar on the bottom it feels a lot stronger to me. And
> being a lover of words in pictures I really want to see the "t"
> in what I imagine to read "nex - t". But maybe not.
>
> George

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland