Subject: Re: [Leica] Naive question re scanning
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 21:32:17 -0500

Mark said about scanning:
. Amazingly well. You get detail  you dont even see in the print. Its hidden
in the paper base i guess.

SonC replies:
That's right, in the scanning project I work on, we've found that prints
from original negatives, (even very old and faded ones) hold a great deal of
information that can be scanned, even if not seen on the print.  Then you
can bring out a wealth of detail with Photoshop.   Photographic copies of
tintypes and the like do not contain this information, nor do prints from
copy negs.

Regards,

SonC
http://www.SonC.com