Subject: [Leica] Naive question re scanning
From: Herbert & Lee Kanner <kanner@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 18:06:58 -0700

I am interested in putting the occasional picture up on a web site.
I am not interested in producing prints from scanned images.  I am
also not particularly interested in spending big time for a 35 mm
scanner.  So the question is: if an 8 x 10 RA-4 print is scanned on a
flat-bed scanner, then, considering the low resolution of a computer
screen, will the results appear to be comparable to those produced by
a slide/negative scanner?

If the answer is "yes," what quality scanner in terms of number of
pixels should I get, and are there any recommendations for brands.
My computer has both USB and FireWire.

Herb
- --
Herbert Kanner