Subject: Re: [Leica] yesterday's technolgy at retired dentists prices!
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 13:11:15 -0400

on 6/28/01 12:40 PM, shino@ubspainewebber.com at shino@ubspainewebber.com
wrote:

> there is no question the newer versions do many things that the older
> ones did not, but it's also clear that things were lost along the way.
> for most people the wins outnumber the losses; as for me, i still have my
> F3's and contax T and M6 for that matter.

well I can be as big a curmudgeon as the rest of you!

for something I just shot I wanted ultimate quality (that I could afford I
mean). The answer was a 40 year old 4x5 camera and a couple of vintage
lenses. The results are *way* beyond anything I could achieve with a Leica
or even my Rollei 6x6. Another order of photographic magnitude different.

Thanks to Henry A and Mark R for giving me courage to do this!
- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

ICQ: 109343205