Subject: [Leica] R Extension Tubes query
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 13:59:05 -0500

I just bought a set of R ext tubes locally. The set has  a 14134-1 (female
bay end) and 14134-2 (male bay end). It also came with 14135 tubes for
varying degrees of additional extension. I bought the tubes to do some close
up work using a 50/2 or 90/2 (and someday maybe a 60/2.8 or 100/2.8). I also
wanted them to narrow dof for portraits, something I often do with a
Hasselblad ext tubes and a 150.

Can anyone give me any info on Leica tubes. The set I bought doesn't meter
couple. Can this set be used on any body? Were there tubes that meter
couple? If there are variations of tubes, is there a big difference in cost?
Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dave