Subject: Re: [Leica] Free Travel... Goose Bay. ;-)
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 11:16:06 -02-30

At 06:22 AM 6/26/2001 -0700, you wrote:
> > I'm going to fly over there for 2 weeks , and I will also warm up my M6
> > shutter .
> > Why's Goose bay a challenge ?<<<<<

         ...actually, in August it will be BRUTALLY hot, BUT....

>The mosquitoes don't draw blood on the spot, they pick you up, fly you home,
>then eat you there! ;-)  It's a hell of sight and sound when new comers
>arrive not prepared and one hears them screaming as the mosies carry them
>off at tree top level.
>
>ted

...Ted is right about the Mosquitos. And if you are lucky enough to not be
carried away by them then you will most likely see little black fies
zooming away with chunks of your flesh.

Mosquitos just stick needles in you and take your blood. Black flies use
hard rock mining gear to rip through your flesh.

Bring bandaids...

WARNING!:  DO NOT get Muskol or Off on the your Leicas.
WASH YOUR HANDS after applying bug repellant.

...have a nice trip :^)

Greg Locke
St. John's, Newfoundland
http://www.straylight.ca
PictureDesk International .....news pictures ONLINE!
http://www.picturedesk.org  and http://www.newscom.com