Subject: Re: [Leica] the "other" f1
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 13:06:37 +0200

I have heard that the C*n*n lens is optically inferior to the Leica Noctilux,
but I've never compared the two directly (I prefer N*k*n, too).  There are some
images taken with the C lens on photo.net.

Which brings to mind an unrelated question:  Of all the Leica users out there,
particularly Leica M users, who also have SLRs, how many are using C*n*n
equipment as opposed to N*k*n equipment, and why?

I tend to lean towards conservative quality rather than technological state of
the art in photography, which explains why I like Leica rangefinders (surely
among the most conservative of cameras, and among the best built), and Nikon
SLRs (much more conservative than Canon, and also better built, IMO).  I suspect
that I am not unique in this respect.