Subject: Re: [Leica] the right to profit from creativity? OT
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 21:00:58 -02-30

At 07:13 PM 6/23/2001 -0300, you wrote:

>Some great philosopher says that art is from nobody and everybody...
>Art exists by itself...some of us re-create it. At least sometimes.

...do you think he should be paid for his work? I hope not because he's not
very good.b

>But, of course, when fees, money, lawyers and so...appear over the surface
>like bugs ...there is the problem.

Sorry Pablo,  I create, therefor I OWN! .. and if somebody wants my "art" I
have a right to be paid for it.
I also have the right to PROTECT my work from theft.
EVERYONE has a right to be paid for their work, be it assembling widgets or
making artwork.

I see no problem until someone tries to steal my property.

I'd like to see you try and persude General Motors of your theory.

Greg Locke
St. John's, Newfoundland
http://www.greglocke.com
PictureDesk International .....news pictures ONLINE!
http://www.picturedesk.org  and http://www.newscom.com

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] the right to profit from creativity? OT)