Subject: Re: [Leica] Bob's Lens Test - NOT for Sale
From: Michael Gardner <mlgardner99@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 19:32:52 -0400

I can't say I am totally surprised.  At a medium distance under dead
even lighting both brands performed well.  That's good.  IMO, where the
Leica lenses will reveal themselves is under difficult or interesting
lighting.  Landscapes and building details taken at or near infinity
will have a better chance to show the attributes of the Leica glass over
the competition for one example.  Not only sharpness but tonal and hue
differentiation and shadow detail are what I find to be superior in
Leica glass.  I can see it frequently on the light table.
So, do another 20 or 30 rolls of all kinds of subject matter at varying
distances with lots of interesting light and report back. :-)

Mike Gardner

(snipped)I took my Canon EOS 3  and the f2.8 / 28mm