Subject: [Leica] Question - 70-180 APO Display is off
From: "Jorg Willems" <jorg@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 23:43:10 -0400

Today we went to a rodeo in Lawrenceville, Ga, and I used my wife's R8 with
the 70-180 APO zoom (not ROM) to get some close-up of the bull riders.
Because of low light I used 1600 film and had the aperture always at 2.8.
Instead of showing 2.8 it displayed 3.4 in the finder.  When I closed it a
half stop it occasionally displayed 2.8 for a brief moment and went back to
3.4.

When I used the 2 times APO extender it displayed 1.4.

Is something wrong with the lens or camera?

Jörg Willems

Replies: Reply from Lucien <director@ubi.edu> (Re: [Leica] Question - 70-180 APO Display is off)