Subject: RE: [Leica] in defense of the R8.
From: "Jorg Willems" <jorg@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 09:03:48 -0400

I'm glad to be back to the LUG after being away for over a year.  I've
really enjoyed lurking for a week.
For what it's worth but my wife (mainly wedding photography) switched from
R7s to R8s and NEVER regret it (I stick to my M6s with Abrahmson winders).
She is tiny and has small hands and I thought she wouldn't like it.  We
rented several different cameras (C****s & N***s) to investigate if she
should switch to automatic focussing but she liked the R8s most.  They've
never let us down so far (25 to 40 weddings per year, that all we can handle
in our old age ;) and she never missed throwing the bouquet either.  She
kept her R6 just in case ...

It's great to be back!

Jörg Willems