Subject: [Leica] matrix metering r8's and other stuff...
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 13:58:54 -0400 (EDT)

>> * I would never give up the R8's flash metering (F)
>> mode for any of the other fancy bells & whistles
>> the competition may have to offer.

>For what it's worth, the flash metering on an F5 is superlative.  It has
>invariably produced an essentially perfect result for me.  I hate flash
>and try never to use it, but if I know I must use flash, I take the F5
>with me, as it can handle flash better than anything else.

damn if that ain't the case -- it is a beautiful thing to behold -- matrix
metered fill flash w/ chrome ... especially if you're using a D(istance)
lens which calculates into the mix how far your subject is away from the
camera. in the daytime that flash reaches out and kisses your subject,
gently chases the shadows away and comes home to the film plane. its like
watching some fantastic ballet.

you can stick that f5 and the flash in program mode and all you have to
worry about is putting what you want in the frame. push the button, let
the vampire do all the work.

kc

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/portfolio/

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] matrix metering r8's and other stuff...)