Subject: [Leica] Bike Photo 35/2-R
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 12:32:57 -0500

Walking through downtown at lunch. Saw this unique bike in Pioneer Square,
made of high-tech composites. Asked and received permission from the cyclist
to photograph the bike. I queried him on how it rode. He was much more
interested in taking about my Leica. His English was far better than my
Japanese.

Pretty poor conditions for a photo. Sun at high noon. Backlit subject.
Didn't turn out well, but I think with many cameras this wouldn't have
turned out at all.  At times you have to take what the light gives. That why
I like Lieca gear. It handles nearly lighting situation better than most.
R7, 35/2. Supra 400 (wish I'd had 100 as SS was maxed and still too much
dof).

http://www.lightcurves.com/images/bike_psq.jpg