Subject: Re: [Leica] Putting still images to video
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 13:26:01 -0400

David:

Yes you can get some wierd distortions converting SVGA to NTSC depending on
hardware and software.  In my case I was using a 720x486 image that was
being edited into a video program.  I had a logo that I was superimposing on
the background in Photoshop and I actually had to shrink the logo to 90% of
its original height in order for it to stay round when shown on NTSC video.

I do seem to remember some software (DVDIT?) where you had to start with a
530 pixel high image in order to make it come out right.  It doesn't seem to
make any sense to me but thats the way it is.

Mike D