Subject: [Leica] The Ultimate Leica Copy
From: Mark Langer <mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 15:54:35 EDT

Most of us thought that Nicca - perhaps the best manufacturer of Leica
copies - became defunct in 1958 or 9 when purchased by Yashica.  To those
who have so believed, I offer my discovery of today.  In a thrift shop, I
saw what appeared to be one of the cheap plastic "Time" style 35mm fake SLR
cameras.  On closer inspection, I realized that it had "NICCA" emblazoned
on the front, just above the print boasting "Optical Lens".  By the way,
those of you who have been shooting with non-optical lenses have no idea
what you are missing in terms of photographic excellence.

I couldn't resist buying what I consider to be a Nicca version of the R
Leica.  I'm now the proud owner of the ultimate Leica copy.

I'm waiting for the envious emails to start pouring in.  Betcha the
CameraQuest site doesn't have this one yet.  Eat your heart out, Steve
Gandy! :-)

Mark

Mark Langer

Email address: mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca