Subject: [Leica] FS Friday
From: Mark Langer <mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 8:34:56 EDT

I'm selling some stuff from my collection in order to finance the purchase
of a M6.  All prices in U.S. dollars, shipping and insurance at cost.

Leica II body in good working order.  Slight brassing inside accessory shoe -
rangefinder and curtains in great shape.  No dings or dents.  Vulcanite
intact.  Comes with ugly but functional case & strap. Very compact and quiet.
This has been one of my primary shooters because of its extraordinary
handling characteristics.  With a collapsible 50mm Elmar (not included)
this slips comfortably into a shirt pocket.  But I've been accumulating
too many screw mount Leicas and either this or the larger IIIc red curtain
have got to go.  Since I'm unlikely to find another red curtain IIIc, goodbye
Leica II.  $275

Nicca/Yashica YF w. 50mm f2 Yashinon in case.  As Steve Gandy suggests on
his CameraQuest site, this is the LTM camera that the Leica IIIg should have
been.  Lever wind, parallax corrected bright lines for 50 & 100mm (entire
finder area for 35mm).  M style flip up rear door for easy loading. No dings,
dents or brassing.  Missing tiny screw that covers the rangefinder
adjusting screw. I've put several rolls of film through this with no
problems, and it is ergonomically a delight with a viewfinder that is
exceptionally glasses-friendly (although the rangefinder spot is not as
bright and contrasty as a M Leica).  Comes with case w. short strap.  Very
hard to find camera.  $650

Contax TVS with the data back option.  28mm to 58mm Vario Sonnar is
probably the best zoom available on a point and shoot.  Titanium clad
body, normal or panoramic aspect ratios, manual focus option, passive
autofocus, multimode flash, + or - 5 stop metering compensation.  With
skylight filter, case and neckstrap.   Cosmetically perfect w. the
exception of a scratch on the manual focus knob.  A very high degree of
manual control for a p&s.  The metering and optics of this camera are what
convinced me to sell off some vintage Leica gear (my M3 has just been sold)
to get a M6 w. built-in meter.  $350

Please contact me for further description at address below.

Mark Langer

Email address: mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca