Subject: Re: [Leica] No Name M6
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 20:33:42 -0600

Why? I do not know that but it is one of the engraving variations floating
around out there. It  started with the corporate name change from Leitz to
Leica and the relocation to Solms. Perhaps when they changed the "red dot"
to Leica (from Leitz) they thought two Leica scripts would be overkill.
Anyhow it did not last long and it is moderately uncommon. BTW this will
only increase the camera's value if it is MIB thirty years from now.

John Collier