Subject: RE: [Leica] screw to bayonet adaptors
From: "Steve Unsworth" <mail@steveunsworth.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 20:01:58 +0200

Brian

The lens screws into the adapter and the lens/adapter then attach to the
camera using the adapter's bayonet mount.

The adapters work very well, but as you say there is no rangefinder coupling
with the 15mm lens whether used with an adapter or without on a screw
mounted camera. The depth of field on the 15mm lens, coupled with a maximum
aperture of f4.5 means that this is hardly ever an issue.

In the UK the adapters made by Voigtlander cost approx 35-40ukp.

In my opinion the Voigtlander lens represents very good value for money.

Steve