Subject: RE: [Leica] Virus Alert!!!
From: "Steve Unsworth" <mail@steveunsworth.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 20:46:53 +0200

I thought I recognised the name from when I used Usenet. A quick search on
Mxsmanic confirmed my fears. Gentlemen, I fear we are in for a bumpy ride.

The quote below if from Usenet

Regards

Steve

"This is actually becomes very interesting. A short search revealed that
MSXMANIC actively participates in the following newsgroups:

comp.publish.prepress, comp.text, de.sci.informatik.misc,
rec.games.chess.misc, rec.games.chess.analysis, rec.photo.digital,
rec.travel.air, rec.travel.europe, sci.astro, sci.crypt.random-numbers,
sci.crypt, sci.geo.satellite-nav, sci.math, sci.med.cardiology,
sci.med.dentistry

And the most asonishing of all: misc.kids.breastfeeding. If he/she is a
person, he/she got a personality of 'DaVincian' proportions!

One must admit though, that MSXMANIC apparently shows about the same level
of expertise in annoying people in all discussion he/she participates.
Quotations:

A subject on comp.publish.prepress: "Mxsmanic as kill-filter test"

From rec.games.chess.analysis:

> I've been following the various threads that Mxsmanic has participated in
> and I can't take it anymore.
> Pedantic is the word that springs to mind, and stupid isn't too far
behind.
> Playing with words and their definitions is a sign (to me at least) of
> someone who cannot grasp the problem at hand, and instead hides behind
> semantics.
> Welcome to my kill file ...

From rec.travel.air where mxsmanic expresses a valuable opinion on breast
milk taste and qualities -- really!) :

>  I know that this doesn't have anything to do with the original topic,
>  but it sort of makes Mxsmanic seem like he doesn't know what he's talking
> about

And the last one, confirming my hypothesis that we are dealing with a very
advanced computer here.
It is from misc.kids.breastfeeding, of course:

> A few months ago, I had a very long, exhausting debate with Mxsmanic about
> the appropriateness of strangers photographing children without the
parent's
> consent.  Now, here he is, popping up in the m.k.bf forum, kicking up
dust.
> While his threads provoke you to think about what you're saying, keep in
> mind that no amount of reasoning or citation of valid scientific studies
> will ever cause him to relent.  It seems to me that his style of debate is
> to say that something is valid merely because it is so on a logical,
> anything-is-possible level, without consideration of real-world
> practicality.)

Well said! So: mxsmanic, time for confession, you have been exposed anyway:
are you human?"