Subject: Re: [Leica] Capitalpride pictures
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 19:30:11 -0700

Simon Stevens wrote:

> Last Sunday was Washington, DC's pride parade and festival. At least two
> of us Luggers were there and my efforts are published at site below.
> Criticism (hopefully constructive) is welcome as usual.
>
> http://www.camera-craftsman.com/capitalpride.html
>
> Simon Stevens

I think it's amazing that you got such rich full scale full substance images in
the harshest possible high noon light. Perfect detail in the highlights and
shadows without a "printed down" look. This ain't easy even in Photoshop
(although it is a lot easier than in the darkroom).
I also feel like your choice to use 100 instead of 400 film paid off even though
i am looking at of course low res results on a monitor. It's amazing this print
making with out the print but for the monitors of the world!
And a very nice feeling about the shots. Great subject matter!

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/