Subject: [Leica] RASAL finder
From: Mark Langer <mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 8:49:23 EDT

I hope I've got the code name right for this sports finder for the screw
thread Leica.  I picked up one along with some other goodies with a IIIc
sharkskin in a Leica NY system case earlier this week.  The finder is a
nifty item, but I'm a little unclear on how to use it.  I've figured out
how to turn around the front grid and remove the insertable template to
select the field for the different focal lengths.  But the rear element of
the finder has a tiny peephole in a disc.  The disc swings out of the way
to expose a rectangular sighting hole as well.  Does the peephole on the
disc go with the 135, 90 and 50mm front fields and the rectangular sighting
hole go with the 105, 73 and 35mm front fields, or is it the other way around?

Mark

Mark Langer

Email address: mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] RASAL finder)