Subject: Re: [Leica] 3 Weeks in the South West
From: "Kevin M. Bell" <newsgroups@camera-collectors.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 21:42:47 -0600

At 05:18 PM 6/13/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>My family and I are heading to the Phoenix area for 3 weeks later this
>month.
>
>Can any of the Luggers suggest good places to visit with my camera
>equipment within a 300 mile radius? First time in years with a non point
>and shoot.
>
>I enjoy shooting B&W, mother natures wonders, military aircraft, etc.
>
>All suggestions welcome.
>
>Regards,
>
>Greg J. Lorenzo
>Calgary, Alberta

The shots I am happiest with were shot on back roads east of Flagstaff
heading south.  I can't be more specific as my driving is somewhat random -
I see a road that looks intriguing and I take it.  I found some interesting
abandoned structures, and a really neat canyon with trees
growing from the rocks.  The trees were in shade, but the uppermost leaves
were brilliantly highlighted by the setting sun.  There was also a dead cow
that stunk to high heaven - not photographic material for my style, but the
fact that something rather large had been recently feeding on it made for a
sense of urgency.

Kevin M. Bell
www.camera-collectors.com
1-877-977-5091