Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: attached file - OT
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:03:39 +0200

Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy writes:

> Is having a signature with "begin  romeo_juliet.exe.vbs"
> unlawful ?

Yes, when the intent is to damage a computer system--and it is difficult to
imagine any other intent behind coding a line that exactly resembles UUENCODE
encoding of a file with a name that matches the name of a virus and will be
executed (insofar as possible) by the receiving computer when invoked.

> Please, do not write anything on subject you don't
> know nothing about.

I'll keep that in mind, but that is not a problem at the moment.  See 18 USC
1030 (a)(5)(A-C), 18 USC 1030 (b), and the definitions in 18 USC 1030 (e)(2)(B)
and (e)(8)(A).

> EVERY mail client HAVE TO work along those rules.

There is no requirement that mail clients interpet and accept MIME headers, and
some clients may recognize and act upon UUENCODE headers independently of MIME
specifications, for reasons of compatibility.

> ... it's your own problem, as you have 'not homologated'
> internet client.

There is no homologation of Internet e-mail clients.

> Please notice, that I can probably sue YOU for
> saying that I am acting unlawful, as I didn't anything
> wrong, according to worldwide law regulations and
> worldwide standards...

Pointing out that you are violating a law (in my good-faith estimation) is not
libel, if that is what you adumbrate here.

> Can we get back to Leicas and Jupiter 8 issue,
> please?

This will be my last post on this topic.  Note that I have added you to my
killfile as a precautionary measure, so I shall not see further posts from you
on any topic.

Perhaps one day, when you've had to spend a month or so cleaning a "joke" off of
20,000 workstations and a hundred mail servers, you'll see my perspective more
clearly.

Replies: Reply from "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <SonC@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: attached file - OT)
Reply from "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: attached file - OT)
Message from "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: attached file - OT)