Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - Paterson film tank/XTOL question
From: John Hicks <jbh@magicnet.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 22:29:40 -0400

At 11:11 AM 6/10/01 -0700, you wrote:

>I do exactly the same thing, and get good results. In fact, I am quite
>surprised by the amounts specified by Anchell and Troop in the "Film
>Developing Cookbook" to "develop the film to its full potential"

  I think that's a 50-cent way of saying that it's fairly easy to use too
little stock and that if you use _way_ more than the minimum then you won't
have to worry about it. I can't imagine anyone actually using those huge
volumes though.
  Testing is easy; if the results from negs developed with the desired
amount of stock are the same as negs developed with a huge amount of stock,
then obviously usage of the desired amount of stock is within the working
capacity of the developer.

John Hicks

jbh@magicnet.net

Message from Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com> ([Leica] OT - Paterson film tank/XTOL question)