Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - Paterson film tank/XTOL question
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 13:44:47 -0700

>--- Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> wrote:
>> Undilute developers - at least 250 ml
>> Dilute developers - at least 500 ml
>> Very dilute developers - 1 liter
>>

>I think the book means these quantities to be the total amount of solution to
>put into the tank. So if you are diluting Xtol 1:3, you'd want 500ml or 1
>liter
>per roll of diluted stock solution.

If we want 1 liter diluted stock solution for 1 roll of film, that would
meant that we are processing 1 roll of film in a 4-roll tank filled with
developer, right?

Anchell and Troop do acknowledge that "these amounts may sound extreme to
some," and indeed they do. What they don't mention is the praxis side of
the process. It does seem strange to me that, ideally according to them,
we'd be running one roll of film in a tank made for four.

Guy