Subject: [Leica] Re: Tom A's Month of May
From: Stephen Gandy <leicanikon@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 21:00:43 -0700

I visited with Tom in February.  He seemed the picture of health, lugging his
obligatory black paint M6 and camera bag with him continually over that
weekend.   I was astonished and saddened to find out about his illness.  It seems
the fickle finger of fate always wants to remind us of how fragile we all are.

It would be difficult indeed to find a more knowledgeable photographer,  or a
nicer human being.  I wish him a speedy and happy recovery.  The photographic
world is a better place with his contributions.

Stephen Gandy