Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: I'm Ruining My Glasses
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 19:37:11 -0700

Austin Franklin wrote:

> > I'm looking though Zeiss close in progressives now!!
> > Marc! you should check this out!!
> > http://spectacle.zeissdata.com/consumer/index.html
>
> I had them, I hated them.  I went back to just regular lenses.  You have to
> tilt your head almost up at 45 degrees to see close-up, and look down at
> your fee to see away.  I found my head working like one of those silly dogs
> in the back shelf of some of cars in certain parts of town...
>
> I was sick for days after trying those damn things!

Regular bifocals you have to tilt your head up  45 degrees to see close up.
Close up being a few feet away.

You end up feeling like Mr. Whipple "don't squeeze the Charmin".
lifting your head like that is a dead give away you are no longer 25.

THESE from Zeiss (only i think) have the middle part focused 2.5 feet away
The very bottom is for a foot away. You use that a lot less. Your wrist watch.
Keyboard. Leica M6. Unscrew front element of Zeiss lens.
What ever happened with that?

Mark Rabiner

The very top part is about 8 feet away. So you can see the clock on the wall.
YOu don't have to look over the frames.

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/