Subject: Re: [Leica] LUG: Your Softie
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 08:44:33 -0700

Sonny wrote:
>>> So, I have a number of out-of-focus and blurred frames of my
> face, the sky, my feet, the back seat of my car, and the
> inner reaches of my Domke bag.<<<

Hi Sonny,
This isn't a joke!;-)  (well maybe on the tax payers!)

You should save all those images as some day you may have an opportunity to
do an exhibition of them. And be paid big bucks also.   Why?   Well a few
years ago a Canadian government photo gallery mounted an exhibition of just
those kinds of images.

The frames from seven photographers using only images shot at the beginning
of a roll as they loaded their cameras while standing at the back of their
car with the trunk open. We've all done that... loading the camera with lots
of images inside the car trunk. Usually cut and throw file 13. Not these
guys they started to save them.

No different from the accidental frames of a soft release, besides sometimes
they are quite fascinating, so just sleeve 'em up and keep an eye for a
government department, (your money and mine!) ;-) who want to mount a weird
exhibition of weird photographs! ;-)

The other thing. Make sure you call it "nouveau art!" And set an
astronomical price for it, people will think you're a photographic genius!
Your welcome.;-)
ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant