Subject: [Leica] Stopped at PENN Camera Today--eeeekkk!!
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 15:23:21 -0500

OK. This is interesting. Took a ton of old Nikon stuff over to PENN Camera
this morning and walked out with new .85 M6 and .72 M6, not one nickel left
my pocket, straight trade and they threw in a brick of Delta. This has been
building up for a while to get rid of all my old and unused Nikon stuff. And
I still have a Nikon kit left. The other stuff had to go.

Anyway, even though Austin wants us all to think we are being gouged by
Leica, after rebate and Leica day discount each M6 cost $1454.

As far as the notorious Leica M6 "Flare" I can't get the darn things to
"Flare" under any circumstance. Meters work, rangefinder is correct. I just
wonder how much money I will get in 30 years when I trade them in on
something.

sl