Subject: [Leica] Minimizing Wear on Strap Lugs
From: CHRISTOPHER.CHEN@customs.treas.gov
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 15:17:25 -0400

The inside edges of the strap lugs on my M3 are very worn from decades of
hard use (by the previous owner(s)).  Is there any way to minimize further
wear?  I read somewhere on this list that chrome (?) strap rings are kinder
to the brass lugs than steel rings, but where does one buy chrome strap
rings?  Does anyone manufacture a strong, but less abrasive strap ring
(e.g., made of carbon fiber or whatever)?  BTW, I would like to avoid using
a never-ready case or 1/2 case because I think they slow down the operation
& reloading of the camera too much.
Thanks, Chris