Subject: Re: [Leica] Grand Canyon lens?
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 12:53:37 -0700

Tom Finnegan wrote:
>>> What you need to do is forget all these pitifully small print sizes and
go
> large. To go large you'll then want as big a piece of film as is
practical.
> I'd suggest 8x10 as you can still get enlargements. The larger film sizes
> tend to be limited to contact prints. Who wants a wimpy little 20x24 print
> of the Grand Canyon when you can have 48x60?!<<<<<

Hi Tom,
Heck that's an awful lot of work for a 4' X 5' print! ;-)

I mean if the photographer is using Leica glass and fine grain colour slide,
in this case preferably kodachrome, it's a piece of cake to make 48" X 60"
prints.

I'm not going to get into a discussion of the merits of an 8" X 10" negative
/ slide over 35mm, that's a given , there's no contest. However, I've seen
many 48" X 60" prints and larger made from 35mm  Kodachromes that make you
gasp at the excellent quality of the print.

And with the technologies of today's electronic scanning and printing, it's
mind boggling the quality printed from those "tiny 35mm slides!" ;-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant