Subject: Re: [Leica] pity me!
From: Pablo Kolodny <pkolodny@fibertel.com.ar>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 13:01:14 -0300

on 5/6/01 12:13 PM, Kyle Cassidy at cassidy@netaxs.com wrote:

> after the rupturing of my M6, i'm left with what's at the bottom of the
> camera closet, this creaky old M3 that i'd been trying to ditch -- this
> camera is crazy!
>
> some of my big problems with it:
>

> 1) i can't figure out how to get the batteries in it, and i
> know it needs batteries, cause the light meter isn't working.

Try plugging you car battery, positive to the advance lever and negative to
the rewinding one.

> 2) i can't figure out how to get the 28mm frame lines to come
> up. i'm finding it much harder to invade anyone's personal
> space with this crazy telephoto 50mm lens!

simply, take your black marker and draw it outside the finder.

> 3) it takes 20 minutes to rewind -- yesterday, while i was
> rewinding, the model called out for chineese and was done
> her soup and egg roll before i got the base plate off. she
> was done her bean curd and mixed vegitables by the time i got
> the @#$@ film loaded on that crazy spool. by the time i got
> the @#$@# camera back together she'd managed to get her shirt
> on and was out the door. i'm going to try
> mounting a dremmel tool to that itty bitty rewind thing.

you should be the owner of the chineese.

> 4) the red dot seems to have fallen off.

take your red marker and copy from the one on your M6.

> 5) camera keeps falling off of the tripod. i twist that screw for
> ten minutes, let go, and PLOP! the camera falls to the ground.
> ding 1, ding 2, ding 3, it's like a freaking doorbell around here.

you should think to put some foam board on the floor.

> 6) it refuses to fire my twinkie light.

try the old fashion way: fire manganeso (in Spanish, I can't recall in
English since you made my brain licks some gray and sticky liquid on the
keyboard)

> until such time as my m6 comes back from the cleaners, i'll be the guy
> shaking in the corner.

take it easy and follow the directions above.

regards