Subject: Re: [Leica] 35mm R Lens recommendation
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 21:12:04 -0500

At 12:48 AM 6/5/01 +0200, you wrote:
>I would like to purchase one of these R lenses in the near future, the
>Summicron R 35mm F2 or the Summilux R 35mm F1.4.  Can anyone please give me
>some opinions on these lenses?  Is the F1.4 worth the extra money?  thank
>you.

In a nutshell, the 35/1.4 - R is the best 35 lens I have used, including
the 35/1.4-M asph.  But perhaps I was just lucky with the one I got. Great
color saturation and contrast and very sharp.  I shot it a lot a 1.4 and
liked it - I never looked at the corners on these as what I was taking a
picture of was in the center  portion of the shot.

I also had the 35/2.0-R which is very good but I needed the extra stop.
You can't go wrong on either one.  Pick the one you will use - if you don't
use 1.4 much save your money

Dick Hemingway
Plano, Tx