Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Warranty & New vs. Used
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 15:32:43 -0400

> << Where do you think the difference in costs between, say HK and the US
> goes? >>
>
> Has anyone around here ever heard of customs duties and taxes?

Yes.  Perhaps you could tell us what the customs duties and taxes are on a
Leica M-6, or a lense?

BTW, anyone who imports the item to the US will pay the same thing!  Perhaps
you misunderstood the statement, and its context.  The above statement was
referring to the actual cost of the item from Leica, not including the
associated costs with importing the item.

> Ask our
> Australian buddies how much Leica gear costs.

Yeah, but I'm talking about US, not Australia.  I don't know much about
Australia, except that it's "down under".  Perhaps, the oppressive import
duties etc. is the reason it is "down under" ;-)