Subject: re:[Leica] A Red Dot story
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 14:27:03 -0400 (EDT)

- ------Original Message------
From: "Owen P. Evans" <opevans@istar.ca>
To: Leica <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: June 2, 2001 2:44:24 PM GMT

I enjoyed the experience and I am thrilled that Paul offered me the
opportunity to experience M6 shooting. In my case, I respect the product but
can't use it. I will always remember the experience as it finally dispelled
the compelling need to own an M6. Now how much is that 120/4 Makro from
Zeiss????
<<<

Owen,

If it's the lack of ground-glass viewing that makes the M6 unsuitable for
what you photograph, may I suggest a Leicaflex SL?  It's not as light as an
M6 but has a confidence-inspiring feel of solid precision and IMHO is
entirely suitable for photos of wildlife (see URL below).  You can also use
many if not most of the fabulous Leica APO lenses with it.

BTW, I respect your preferences (and the preferences of others on the list
not to use Leica for every possible situation).

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com