Subject: [Leica] A Red Dot story
From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 09:08:42 +0100

There are dozens of cameras with fast flash sync but AFAIK only one left
with a nice quiet low vibration shutter - the M. If I need to use flash
(which I almost never do) I use a different camera. My 1985 M6 has never had
a flash on it!
I am not criticising those who choose to use flash, but I think there are
better camera choices (R8) for flash.
I hope Leica keep the M6 as it is for ever. It is the only camera left on
the market with its particular range of features, it would be a shame to
make it like others.
I like the film loading and shutter. I can't remember ever needing 1/1000
shutter speed for example.
cheers Frank