Subject: Re: [Leica] Bokeh - OT Long
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 10:25:11 -0700

>Mystery of Vermeer's technique uncovered...

I for one will be very interested to see the book - I am a big fan of
Vermeer's work and over the years have amassed a small library of titles
related to "the Master of Delft."

His use of a camera obscura has been debated for years, and while many
scholars believe Vermeer did use one to make his pictures (the tell-tale
blurs [particularly visible in "The Lace Maker" and "Girl with a Red Hat"]
and unusual perspectives being the usual "clues" given), many others
disagree.

Whatever the case may be, there has never been any concrete proof that he
used one. I'm not sure if such a thing can be proved - mathematically or
otherwise - but it is sure to keep many a tongue-wagging and generate a few
more books that - fool that I am - I run out and buy.

Guy