Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: HexarRF and Leica Lens Compatibility - A Strange World
From: Andrew Moore <dmm@bronze.lcs.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 10:42:53 -0400 (EDT)

> You won't believe it - but the 75 wide open at nearest focus on the
> Leica focuses about 2 inches too far away - that is the focus
> point is in front of where it should be

I believe it.  Mine did the same thing, a brand new lens, and I sent it to
Leica NJ and was told it was in spec.  (I was already confident that the
rangefinder was accurate).

> I think I will take in the M6HM TTL and the 75 to my friend Ernest
> Cheung at Schmidt and have the two mated to be accurate.

That sounds like a good approach as long as you are using it just on that
one body, obviously.  Also try to be sure that when the min focus is
adjusted that it doesn't adversely affect the infinity focus.  Good luck;
it's an awesome lens.

- --Andrew