Subject: RE: [Leica] Metz Flash Units and Other Misc Items
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 11:45:37 +0100

Johnny Deadman

"kudos to Justin for poking his head above the parapet! If only more
industry
guys were willing to do this. The only other ones I know really are Russell
Williams of Adobe on DigitalSilver and David Hemingway of Polaroid on a
bunch of different lists. They are both credits to their employers."

Absolutely right. These guys are showing how customer support *ought* to be
done in the modern world. The presence of David Hemingway on Tony's list was
a significant factor in my choosing a Polaroid SS4000 over the cheaper
Microtek (of course it then turned out that Polaroid UK's support was pants,
but they did react when kicked from the US).

It's *really* weird knowing that the bunnies at Solms are lurking here. I
can appreciate *why* they don't contribute, but I wish they did.

- --
David Morton
dmorton@journalist.co.uk

"The more opinions you have, the less you see." -- Wim Wenders.

Replies: Reply from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: Metz Flash Units and Other Misc Items)