Subject: [Leica] Wim Wenders - Leica User
From: Malcolm McCullough <MM4@mm-croy.mottmac.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 11:35:00 +0100

Pablo wrote (about Wim Wenders)

>At least for some films he made he told that on a book of images I got from
>him.
>The book I have contains some very nice and interesting pictures, it was in
>those beautiful and cared photos that he took first feelings for the film
>Paris, Texas...
>
>a simple comment, that's it.
>
>ah...by the way, he used a 6x7 camera, I guess a Mamiya or something alike.
>
>At last...I will be back on the subject line to add the loving couple "OT"
>in spite is absolutely ON topic with the present thread since he did not use
>a Leica.
>Sorry.

Hmm. This is all from memory, because I don't have his books (at least 6)
and articles (in Aperture etc) in front of me. I recall that he used a
Plaubel 6x7 for his 'Paris Texas' book (called Written in the West) and that
he has used a Leica M.

His clear vision moves me, and his films (with Robbie Muller as DP) contain
some of what I regard as the most enthralling and beautiful images ever
included in a motion picture.

Regards,
Malcolm
PS Please Mr Wenders, can we make a film together?