Subject: [Leica] Meter for M4-P
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 21:57:34 -0400

>I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the Cosina (hot shoe)
meter.
>This meter came out right after I sold my M4-P. Reason I sold the M4-P
was
>lack of a meter. I didn't like carrying around a hand-held so I bought
>second M6.

Hi Dave:

It's a very cute little meter but it has two flaws (that have been
discussed on the list before) that made me decide not to get one. First,
it only does reflected but more importantly there is no way to take a
reading while aiming carefully in the same way as you can with the M6
meter or the Leicameters. This is because both the dials and the leds
you balance to get a reading are on the top, so you can't look at them
and the viewfinder at the same time. Dumb design in my opinion.

Simon Stevens