Subject: RE: [Leica] No more leicas
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 12:17:36 -0400

> Well, yeah, I did.  I didn't start saying this because I hadn't
> tried it!  I
> have the Canon EF 85mm f/1.2 and I really trust the AF more than
> my own eye
> - and while it's slower than most AF, it's faster than me with
> manual focus.
> Is that hard to believe?  I just have trouble properly focusing SLR's, and
> even with a rangefinder, I'm not that fast - or accurate.

Faster to what?  focus, or focus on EXACTLY what you want it to focus on.
It clearly depends on what it is you are trying TO take a picture of, and
focus on.  If you are taking a picture of the side of a barn, dead on, well,
yeah, I can believe AF does OK.

My brains autofocus is much better than any cameras autofocus I've every
used...since my brain knows exactly what it is I am trying to focus on...and
the camera can only guess.