Subject: RE: [Leica] Digital cropping
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 15:43:55 -0500

Paul,

>>That's not to say that you shouln't worry about the composition in an
active situation - the better you get the more insinctive it becomes, and
the less you'll need to crop later.  But in order of importance, my ranking
is subject, timing, light, cropping.  Cropping you can fix later - the
others you can't.<<

Well, even light isn't so critical now with Photoshop. Stuff that used to
take me an hour to iron out in the darkroom, can now be done with a few
mouse strokes and a slider. Thus my attitude, "If it's not perfect, I'll fix
it later." I'm not sure digital is making me a better photographer. Though
the final output may be better.

Kind of a paradox.

Dave